Emotional Burnout – most people aware of what it means, it’s a popular concept and is often associated with the workplace, but it’s also relevant outside of the workplace and in particular to women. Emotional Burnout is more about feeling mentally, physically and emotionally drained – losing your get-up-and-go for all aspects of your life.
I have recently been working with a lot of women with emotional burnout and have recognized that it’s often the hardest workers who experience it, the feelings of detachment and loss of drive being something new to them. A recent study from the Mental Health Foundation found 74% of people feel stressed, overwhelmed and feel they can’t cope.
Women are more prone to emotional burnout because it’s like the dark side of multitasking – which we wear like a badge of honour – we manage our families, careers and home life, often forgetting to look after ourselves.
5 signs which give you an indication that you are on the brink of Emotional Burnout:
1. Low Energy
2. Lack of Motivation
3. Particularly Short-Tempered
4. Lack of Self-Belief
5. Not Taking Care of Yourself
Watch my short video about recognizing the signs of emotional burnout:
If you think you’re struggling with burnout, download my guide ‘How to beat Burnout’ for tips on letting go and re-energizing.
If you’d like any more advice – please contact me.
Do something today that your future self will thank you for!
• Subscribe to my YouTube Channel to get notifications when new videos are available
• Leave a comment below and let me know what you struggle with or if you have a topic you’d like me to focus on, I’d love to hear from you!
• Share this post with others so they can learn how to move forward with their lives. Simply click the social media share buttons
• You can also join me on other social media:
To come and be part of high vibe, positive community of women join our Facebook Group Positive Inspired Women, send a request to join HERE