The concept of gratitude is very prominent in the self-help and personal development world, and the word itself can sometimes feel overused. When I first heard about practicing gratitude, I was extremely sceptical at first, but willing to give it a try. I committed to using a diary and writing down three things each day that I was grateful for and surprisingly it really helped to shift my focus and make me think about the good things in my life.
When we’re consumed and overwhelmed by parts of our lives which we feel we can’t control, we often and unknowingly spiral down into a pattern of negativity, by shifting our focus to gratitude, we can improve our outlook and well-being, becoming more positive and improving our health, relationships and lowering our stress levels, gratitude has the effect of disconnecting us from negative emotions and the ‘dwelling on’ them which often occurs – particularly at this time of year, which in turn gives you a calmer and more accepting attitude.
To hear my three top tips for practising gratitude in your life and the surprising and positive impact it can have, watch my latest video GRATITUDE on my YouTube channel:
If you’d like any more advice – please contact me.
Do something today that your future self will thank you for!
- Subscribe to my YouTube Channel to get notifications when new videos are available
- Online and Self-Help Courses by Anne Bird
- Leave a comment below and let me know what you struggle with or if you have a topic you’d like me to focus on, I’d love to hear from you!
- Share this post with others so they can learn how to move forward with their lives. Simply click the social media share buttons
- You can also join me on other social media:
To come and be part of high vibe, positive community of women join our Facebook Group Positive Inspired Women, send a request to join HERE